Term Of Use
1. Site Security
You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of this site. Any such violations may result in criminal and/or civil penalties against you. We will investigate any alleged or suspected violations and if a criminal violation is suspected, we will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in their investigations. Violations of the security of the site include without limitation :
- logging into or attempting to log into a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- accessing data or taking any action to obtain data, information or services not intended for you or your use;
- attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
- tampering, hacking, modifying or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures;
- transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files or other computer programming routines or engines or engage in conduct that could damage, disrupt or otherwise impair or interfere with a computer's functionality or the operation of the site.
2. Other Prohibited Activity
In using this site, you must not:
- post, send or otherwise transmit to or through the site any unlawful, infringing, harmful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, any material that exploits children or is invasive of or in breach of another person's privacy or other rights or any material that Chevron in its sole discretion does not wish posted or transmitted on the site;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- upload or otherwise make available, files that contain images, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including without limitation copyright or trademark laws and rights of publicity and privacy unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary authorizations to do the same;
- misrepresent your identity or affiliation in any way;
- engage in deceptive online marketing;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations; or
- assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above.
3. User Submissions
You must exercise caution, good sense and sound judgment in using the site. You are responsible for any material you place on or transmit to or through the site. You agree, represent and warrant that any information you post to or transmit through the site is truthful, accurate, not misleading and offered in good faith, and that you have the right to post or transmit such information. Such information (including without limitation, data, text, software, graphics or any other materials whatsoever), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is your sole responsibility.
4. Unsolicited Ideas
Chevron does not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new promotions, products, technologies, or processes. You must not transmit any material to or through this site that you consider to be confidential or proprietary. Any material that you transmit to or through this site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. This policy serves to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes regarding ownership of ideas. Except as expressly provided in the Privacy Statement or separate written agreement between you and Chevron, you give Chevron an unrestricted, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, display, publicly perform, transit and distribute such information. You further agree that Chevron has the right to use, without any payment or accounting to you or others, any concepts, know-how or ideas that you (and those who act on your behalf) transmit to or through this site.
The material made available at this site is protected by copyright. No material from this site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without written permission of the copyright owner, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer and produce one printed copy for your personal, noncommercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Chevron's copyright and other proprietary rights. Permission for all other uses of materials contained herein, including reproducing and distributing multiple copies, or linking to any page at this site except the "home page" (http://www.chevron.com), must be obtained from Chevron in advance. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other Web site or networked computer environment is prohibited. All design rights, databases and compilation and other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered, and related goodwill are proprietary to Chevron.
In the event you download software from the site, the software, including any files, images incorporated in or generated by the software, and data accompanying the software (collectively, the "Software") are licensed to you by Chevron. Chevron does not transfer title to the Software to you. You may own the medium on which the Software is recorded, but Chevron retains full and complete title to the Software, and all intellectual property rights therein. You may not redistribute, sell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form, except to the extent permitted by applicable law and on giving Chevron prior written notice of such activities.
All trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names, whether registered or unregistered, are proprietary to Chevron or to other companies where so indicated. You may not reproduce, download or otherwise use any such trademarks, service marks, logos or trade names without the prior written consent of the appropriate owner thereof.
7. Links to Other Web Sites
As you view this site, you will notice links to other non-Chevron Web sites. These links are for convenience only. Certain of these linked Web sites may make use of Chevron proprietary intellectual property rights (such as trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names) under license from Chevron. Chevron is not responsible for the availability or content of these sites or for any viruses or other damaging elements encountered in linking to a third party Web site. In addition, providing links to these sites should not be interpreted as endorsement or approval by Chevron of the organizations sponsoring the sites or their products or services.